Sunday 27 April 2014

The Present as Future, Future Now

Monday 28th April 2014

I'm trying to be in next Monday as I write on this one, Easter Monday. Next Monday I'll be just back from a four day working retreat called Cursillo, or to give it its full title, Cursillo de Christiandad (sp). - literally a short race through Christianity.  By then, I and another priest and fifteen lay Anglicans will have served a dozen pilgrims with an attempt to demonstrate the sheer loving-kindness of God. We will have worshipped him together in sundry ways, given and heard about fifteen talks about faith in him, and done a lot of laughing and some crying together. We aim to all grow closer to Christ through the weekend, and to have fresh impetus to go on serving him.

So I will be fairly spaced out next Monday.

But at least I'll be getting my feet done. I have an appointment with Stuart, our local NHS Chiropodist, or Podiatrist as they say these days. It's long overdue, as the hard skin on the balls of my feet is painful, but I'm grateful for the care that I'm given as a diabetic.

Then, Canada awaits. Canada in England, that is.  John and Eileen, who are English but live in Canada, come back to Blighty every year and spend two weeks or so in Teesdale, where I live. I think it may be three this year. We meet to eat and drink, share joy, love the Lord together, and John and I meet in TSOSB (The Shrine Of St Bruno) in my back garden for votive offerings.

So that's what I'll be thinking about on Monday 28th. I'll have been busy preparing for Cursillo last/this week, so may not have written any new poems. On the other hand I may have done, as part of preparation. It's a funny thing, the present as future, future now. You never know what hasn't happened, and what has happened isn't quite what will be. Or whatever.  Sometimes this living lark isn't very simple, is it.

Now I'm confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment